Wednesday, June 29, 2005

ER-D120 battery arrived

Just received the ER-D120 battery. Buy.com is selling it for 18.99, which is the cheapest. For some time, I was undecided between should I buy a Canon branded second battery (NB2LH, costs north of 50$) or a generic battery (sells for couple of bucks on EBay). The thing I least wanted was to have my 1000$ equipment get ruined because I wanted to save a few bucks. Then I decided on the middle ground... to have a non-Canon battery, but go with a name brand like Energizer.
This ERD120 is however has less mAH rating, 580 mAh to be accurate, compared to Canon's NB2LH (720mAh). So, it will probably not last longer (I'm expecting around 150-200 shots). But then this is just a backup battery.
I'll pop this guy in and see how it goes in the evening.
I have a trip to Yosemite coming on 8th. Hope to get ample opportunity to use the RebelXT there.

Update: I'm pretty happy with the ER-D120 battery. Would recommend it over much more expensive canon brand (unless you want to risk using the one doller batteries from ebay).Check some of the ads to the right to find a better value on Energizer ER-D120 and you should be happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home